SummaCare is committed to guiding members to be the healthiest versions of themselves. That’s why we take pride in going beyond basic Medicare with valuable extra benefits designed to fit your different needs in order to reach optimal health.
Every year, we are pleased to add Medicare Advantage benefits and enhancements to our plans — and this year is no different.
We’re excited to share that the new benefit in 2022 for SummaCare Medicare Advantage plan members is BrainHQ, a benefit for your brain’s health.
BrainHQ is a brain-training program that can help you think faster, focus better and remember more. Think of it as your brain’s workout, to exercise your memory, attention, brain speed, people skills, intelligence and navigation. Just as our bodies require care and exercise over the course of our life, so do our brains — especially as we age. BrainHQ provides the exercise your brain needs to be at its best.
Each BrainHQ exercise is based on the science of brain plasticity — the ability of the brain to change itself. These exercises can improve just about everything in your life because, if you think about it, your brain is at the core of everything you do.
BrainHQ offers you:
- Dozens of brain exercises designed to improve memory, attention, brain speed, intelligence, navigation and communication.
- Exercises that adapt to your brain to quickly find the right challenge for you to improve your brain’s performance.
- A wellness activity that takes less than 5 minutes and you can do it at home using your computer, tablet or phone (supports Windows, Mac, iOS and Android).
- Customer support is based in the United States with friendly, helpful people who can get you started and encourage you to keep going.
You can choose to have BrainHQ select which exercises to do, and in which order. The feature continually measures your performance and serves up the exercises that are right for you.
Or if you prefer, you can design your own program, choosing exercises that meet your personal interests, mood and schedule.
Does BrainHQ really work?
SummaCare carefully reviews the scientific basis for Medicare Advantage services, and BrainHQ makes the grade.
BrainHQ exercises are not just “brain games,” but instead are built on true science. BrainHQ was designed by the scientist who discovered brain plasticity. The benefits of BrainHQ have been shown in more than 200 scientific publications and include:
- Better cognitive function: Memory, attention and speed
- Better everyday activities: Driving, balance, hearing in noisy environments and everyday cognition
- Better quality of life: Mood, confidence and independent living skills
The World Health Organization recommends cognitive brain training for older adults “to reduce the risk of cognitive decline and/or dementia.” Now with BrainHQ as part of your SummaCare Medicare Advantage program, you can use this science to work for you.
The Annual Enrollment Period for 2022 coverage runs from Oct. 15, 2021, through Dec. 7, 2021. Call 888.251.7957 to speak with a licensed enrollment advisor today.
BrainHQ is available in all SummaCare Medicare Advantage plans with no copayment — there is no additional cost to use the program.