Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho
This gazpacho is a wonderful way to get a healthy dose of brain-boosting olive oil, tomatoes, and cucumbers - while enjoying a refreshing cold summer soup.
If you can't find heirloom tomatoes, you can use Roma tomatoes.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tblsp sherry vinegar (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp red Tabasco sauce
- ½ a medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks
- ½ a small red onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 Tblsp fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 Tblsp fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 3 medium-large heirloom tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- Put the oil, vinegar, and Tabasco in a blender. Mix for a few seconds. Add everything except tomatoes and blend until smooth.
- Add tomato chunks, a few at a time. Blend until the mixture is smooth. If you want it even smoother, you can pass the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Whisk gazpacho and taste. Add more salt and/or sherry vinegar as desired. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil before serving.