Yogurt with Honey Baked Figs
This is an easy, healthy breakfast you can put together pretty quickly - especially if you bake the figs the night before.
You can use any kind of fresh figs for this recipe, but it works best with dark-skinned figs that are firm and not too soft to the touch.
- 3 Tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- large pinch of salt
- 9 fresh figs, stemmed and quartered
- 2 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a bowl, combine 1 Tablespoon honey and vanilla. Add figs and stir gently to coat the fruit. Arrange figs, cut side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
- Bake figs at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes, until figs begin to bubble. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Combine remaining 2 Tablespoons honey with yogurt. Divide the yogurt among 4 bowls and top with figs. Serve immediately.