Brain Healthy IngredientsDark chocolate
Cocoa is rich in flavonoids (sometimes called flavanols), a compound that has been linked to improved cognitive performance in older adults. Studies have shown that cocoa flavanols give cognitive improvement in healthy adults “during sustained mental effort” and may also protect against stroke. The darker the chocolate, the more brain benefits you’ll get!
If you’re having trouble freeing your pops from the molds once frozen, dip the molds in warm water for a few seconds to thaw the outer layer to effectively release your treats!
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 ½ oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 11 oz açaí juice
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- Pinch of salt
- Place the dark chocolate in a bowl and set aside.
- On the stove, heat the coconut milk in a small pot for about 1-2 minutes, until just on the brink of boiling. Pour the heated coconut milk over the chocolate. Let sit for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to melt, then stir well, until completely smooth.
- Pour in the açaí juice, agave nectar, and salt, and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Let cool to room temperature, and pour into pop molds. Place in the freezer and allow at least 4 hours before serving, or until the pops are completely solid.