Start your morning right with a tasty, brain-boosting breakfast of spinach scrambled eggs.
you can buy prewashed spinach to save time.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, cleaned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4-5 green onions, cleaned and chopped finely (white part and half of green part)
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl until well combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add spinach and cook about 2-3 minutes, tossing to wilt.
- Remove spinach from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium. In the same pan, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and heat. Add eggs and cook, scraping bottom and sides and folding them over continuously, until cooked through.
- Turn off heat and stir in spinach and scallions. Serve with whole grain toast.