Spinach & Feta Quinoa Salad
Protein-rich quinoa contains all of the essential amino acids, especially lysine, which may play a key role in regulating stress and anxiety. Spinach is also considered a superfood for the brain, and like other dark leafy greens, it offers lots of brain-boosting antioxidants and vitamins.
Use homemade vegetable broth for even more flavor.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 bunch spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth (can substitute chicken broth or water)
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup dill, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about a minute. Add the spinach and cook until it wilts, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add quinoa, broth, parsley, and dill and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and zest, and mix in the feta. Serve immediately.