Spiced Orange Blueberry Pancakes
Whole grain flour, spices, and yogurt add texture and pizzazz to your weekend pancakes, while giving you a full complement of brain-boosting nutrients.
You can use any type of plain yogurt you want - full-fat, low-fat, or non-fat.
- 1 cup oat flour (can substitute whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest of 2 oranges
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pint blueberries
- butter for pan, and to serve
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add orange zest, yogurt, juice, egg, and butter and stir to combine. (Batter may be lumpy.)
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add a small dollop of butter (about a teaspoon.) When butter bubbles, pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet for each pancake. Sprinkle about 8-10 blueberries over each pancake.
- When pancake is golden on the bottom, flip and cook the other side until done.
- Repeat with remaining batter. To keep warm while cooking, you can put the cooked pancakes in a 175 degree oven while you're finishing up.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and butter.