Seared Asian Tuna Steaks
Discerning palates will appreciate the taste, and discerning brains will appreciate the omega-3s.
For more color you can use black sesame seeds, or a mix of black and white.
- 4 ahi tuna steaks (6-8 oz. each)
- Sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- 2T Sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine 1 tablespoon sesame oil, soy sauce, mustard, shallot, honey, and pepper in a bowl and whisk together. Coat all sides of tuna steaks in marinade and let sit on counter for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a non-stick grill pan or sauté pan over high heat.
- Sear tuna steaks on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Sear edges about 30 seconds each (use tongs to hold the tuna on the sides to sear.)
- Remove to plate. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.