Brain Healthy IngredientsCruciferous vegetables & dark leafy greens, Onions
This is a super easy but tasty recipe that features both broccoli and onions, roasted in the oven with a bit of olive oil and some parmesan cheese. It’s a great side dish for meat, chicken, or fish.
You can substitute a sweet white or yellow onion for the red onion if you prefer.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1-2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with a sheet of foil or parchment paper.
- Put broccoli and onions in a bowl. Drizzle with oil and cheese. Mix together well to evenly coat vegetables.
- Pour broccoli and onions onto baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Cook for 10 minutes and stir. Cook another 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender and lightly charred.
- Serve immediately.