Ocean Trout with Broccolini & Lemon
Omega 3 fatty acids—found in coldwater fish like trout—have multiple health benefits. In addition to showing promise for the prevention of psychotic disorders and cognitive impairments, they may help prevent certain cancers and cardiovascular disease.
For something a little different wilt some spinach, kale or collard greens in a large pan instead of the broccolini and serve the fish on a bed of greens.
- 3 bunches broccolini (or 2 heads broccoli)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil plus enough to season the trout
- 4 ocean trout fillets (approximately 7 oz each)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook broccolini for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and toss with lemon juice, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, set aside, and keep warm.
- Preheat a large frying pan or BBQ grill over medium-high heat. Rub trout fillets generously with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook trout skin-side down for 3-4 minutes. Flip trout fillets over and add lemon halves to the pan, cut-side down. Sear trout on this side for another 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide broccolini between four plates. Top with a trout fillet and add a seared lemon half on each plate.