Murgh Malai Tikka Kabab
Chicken offers multiple nutrients with evidence for brain health—including choline, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12.
Brain Healthy Ingredients:
Make sure the chicken is marinated long enough, at least an hour. If you want to enjoy tender and succulent pieces of chicken, baste the chicken and do not overcook while grilling/broiling.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 Tbsps ghee/clarified butter (can substitute butter)
- ½ lemon or lime, cut into wedges
- ½ onion, thickly sliced
- 1 Tbsp shredded or crumbled mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsps heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp onion, grated
- 2 Tbsps sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ Tbsps ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp ghee/clarified butter (can substitute butter)
- ¼ tsp meat tenderizer
- Generous pinch saffrom
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Chili powder or cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 Tbsp kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) or your favorite herb
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Wash chicken cubes and pat dry with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as you can.
- In a bowl, combine all of the dry marinade ingredients and rub the mixture on to the chicken pieces. Chill chicken in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the wet marinade in a bowl or blender until you have a smooth paste. Add the wet marinade to the chicken pieces and toss to coat. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- While chicken is marinating, soak several wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes so they won't burn.
- Remove the skewers from the water. Rub some marinade on each skewer and skewer the chicken with lime or lemon wedges and slices of onion.
- If using a barbecue grill: heat barbecue and grill the skewers on one side. Turn and brush with marinade and ghee and continue cooking. If using a broiler: baste chicken with marinade and ghee and cook skewers about 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.