Fresh kale is quickly wilted with seasonings for a flavorful dose of antioxidants.
Just cook the garlic until it's fragrant, not browned—or it may give the dish a burnt flavor
- 2 bunches of kale
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- Tear kale leaves from stalk and rip into pieces. Discard stalks. Rinse leaves well and pat dry.
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat.
- Add kale, salt, and cayenne pepper and toss in oil with tongs until nearly wilted and bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds, tossing while cooking.
- Serve immediately.