Chocolate Fudge and Fruit
For a brain- and body-healthy dessert, serve skewers of fruit with this decadent but sugar-free chocolate fudge dipping sauce.
There are many varieties of dates, each with a slightly different texture and flavor. You might try different types in this recipe and see which one you like best!
- 16 dried dates, pitted
- Unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 2 ½ Tbsp cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- Seasonal fruit
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with milk. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a blender, blend dates, 2/3 cup of the soaking milk, and cacao powder for 5 minutes, until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Put bite-sized pieces of seasonal fruit (such as berries, pineapple, kiwi, and/or banana) on 8 skewers.
- Serve fruit skewers with chocolate fudge dipping sauce.