Brain Healthy IngredientsSage
Sage has long been thought to have medicinal properties, and modern science has borne some of that out. Sage or its extracts may improve mood, memory, and attention in healthy young adults and older adults.
Frying the sage leaves in butter until they turn dark green, curl up, and twist will make it delightfully crispy and fragrant. This will give your dish added flavor and texture!
- 2 servings gnocchi
- 3 Tbsps salted butter
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Add gnocchi to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes or until they float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon or drain in a colander and set aside.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat. Add butter to the hot pan and let it gently melt and brown.
- Turn up the heat and add sage leaves. Sage leaves will begin to fry, curling and crisping up.
- Remove the sage leaves.
- Add cooked gnocchi to hot butter in pan. Toss quickly to evenly sear the gnocchi.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, tossing as you go.
- Return fried sage leaves to gnocchi and serve immediately with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.