Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
What makes these cookies good for the brain? They benefit from a combination of brain foods: chocolate, banana, flax, and walnuts. The more brain-healthy ingredients, the better!
Makes 25 Cookies
For soft, sweet cookies, make sure the bananas are really ripe. The ripeness adds a natural sweetness and gives them a smooth, chewy texture.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup soy milk (can substitute regular milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until batter is blended evenly.
- Use a tablespoon to portion cookies on a greased baking sheet, approximately 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.