Brain Healthy IngredientsChicken, Garlic
Garlic has been shown to improve memory and cognitive performance and may help stave off Alzheimer’s. It also has strong antioxidant properties.
You may want to cut the chicken breasts into smaller pieces for more even cooking and easier serving!
- 16 oz angel hair pasta
- 2 whole heads of garlic
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz jar of pimentos
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take a head of garlic and remove as much of the outer skins as possible while leaving the head intact. Cut off the top end of the head of garlic, about ¼ – ½ inch, so that the inner cloves are exposed. Repeat with the other head of garlic.
- Place each head of garlic in aluminum foil. Drizzle the top of the garlic with olive oil and a little kosher salt. Wrap garlic up in the aluminum foil tightly and place the heads of garlic in a baking pan. Roast garlic in a 400 degrees F oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until very fragrant and soft.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Preheat a large skillet over high heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove from pan and set aside. Add balsamic vinegar and the jar of pimentos with their juice. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the cloves and add to the pan. Smash cloves with a fork and simmer until the sauce has reduced by about ¼.
- Add chicken back to pan and continue to simmer until sauce has reduced by about ½ and has thickened.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.