Amy's Cinnamon Almonds
Almonds are high in vitamin E, which may stave off Alzheimer's and dementia. Just a half cup of almonds provides nearly 100% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin E.
Just in time for Christmas, put these candied almonds in a cone shaped cellophane bag with a ribbon on top. Friends and neighbors always love them!
- 1 lb almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Whisk the egg white and the vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir almonds into the egg white mixture.
- In separate bowl, combine the sugars, salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour the almonds into the sugar mixture and mix to coat the almonds with the sugar.
- Pour almonds onto a cookie sheet and spread into a thin layer. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool and eat.