Brain Healthy IngredientsCold water fish, Nuts, Olive Oil
This recipe packs a double dose of omega-3s, by combining salmon and almonds. Cooking over low heat ensures a silky-textured salmon that’s never overcooked.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 oz each)
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped finely (can use a different herb if you prefer)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring salmon to room temperature by leaving it out on the counter for approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Place a baking rack in a sheet pan.
- Combine orange zest, orange juice, almonds, parsley, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Put salmon filets skin side down on the rack.
- Drizzle each fillet with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place pan in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Pat almond mixture onto salmon and return to oven for an additional 5 minutes, until nuts are toasted.
- Salmon will be cooked through, although color will remain vibrant and flesh will be soft.