As Posit Science teams up with more insurance companies like The Hartford, it is becoming more and more evident that by working together we can advance the goal of keeping consumers driving safer, improve the insurance carrier customer experience and create better financial outcomes for the company and the policyholder.
We are building to critical mass of organizations supporting this approach and coverage of the topic is increasing:
- The AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety recommended the product
- Dozens of AAA clubs are distributing the DriveSharp product
- State Farm is distributing the
- Allstate reported a reduction in claims from their customers who trained with InSight
- The Department of Transportation invited us to attend their 2010 Distracted Driving summit
- The National Institute of Aging published a report highlighting the research that went into Drivesharp
- News coverage like this article in the Orange County Register highlight the growing population of baby boomers wanting to continue driving safely as they age
I’m passionate about this topic because we know the science works, that being able to drive safely is a core component of a fulfilling life in most of the US, and that insurance carriers have played a critical role in previous safety advances like the mandatory use of seat belts.
What can you do? If you work at insurance company, ask your leadership team if they know about Drivesharp and if they can build it into their safe driving programs. If you are a policyholder, ask your insurance company if they offer Drivesharp and praise them if they do and ask why not if they don’t. And thank you in advance for your help in changing our approach to driving safety from reactive to proactive.